We’re excited to be the first grocer in the nation to roll out the Double Up Food Bucks NY program with an automated online solution. Double Up Food Bucks will help our SNAP shoppers stretch their benefits by matching SNAP dollars spent on fruits and vegetables, doubling their impact. Plus, it helps support our local farmers and it will help boost our local economy; it’s a win for everyone!
What is Double Up Food Bucks?
Double Up Food Bucks is a nutrition incentive program administered by Field & Fork Network, Inc. It provides SNAP shoppers with a dollar-for-dollar match, up to $20 a day, on fresh, whole produce. That means a match of up to $20 a day could get a SNAP shopper $40 of healthy food. This makes fruits and vegetables more affordable helping SNAP shoppers stretch their food dollars even farther.
How does it work?
- For every $1 SNAP shoppers spend on fresh produce, they will earn $1 in Double Up Food Bucks (up to $20 per day) to be used on their next purchase of produce.
- Double Up Food Bucks can only be used to purchase fresh, whole produce, minimally processed produce without additives (salt, fat, sugar, preservatives), and produce bearing plants.
- When you check out online, use your SNAP benefits to earn and redeem Double Up Food Bucks on qualifying purchases (see graphic below).
- Your Double Up Food Bucks in the online store will be redeemable for discount codes that can be used on future purchases. NOTE: Only one discount code at a time can be applied to an order.
How can I earn Double Up Food Bucks at the Hub on the Hill?
Any produce items you purchase through Hub on the Hill using your SNAP/EBT card will automatically collect Double Up Food Bucks (up to a maximum of 20 per day). You can see eligible items by selecting the “Double Up Food Bucks” filter.
How can I redeem by Double Up Food Bucks?
You can redeem your Double Up Food Bucks through discount codes that can be used to purchase produce items in subsequent orders.
1.Click on the Double Up Food Bucks widget in the bottom right corner of the page.
2. Click “Redeem Double Up Food Bucks” where you will see a list of discount codes you can access given the amount of Double Up Food Bucks you have collected. Select “Get reward” on the amount which you wish to redeem. Only one discount code can be applied to an order.
Please note: These discount codes are one-time use only, so be sure to select a discount amount under the amount you plan to spend on produce. For example, if you are going to buy $20 worth of produce in an order, make sure to use a discount code of $20 or less.
3. Copy the discount code to your clipboard to enter during checkout or select “apply” to have the discount automatically be applied to your next order. Discount codes will remain on your account available for use until you have used them on an order.
Please refer to our FAQ page for additional information.